Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Hooked on Crochet again ....

Looks like I'm back on track and hooked on crochet again with the help from a talented friend Filomena who runs crochet classes at The Bowerbird Store in Springwood. I began there in 2013 and have been slowly picking up my skills whenever I could attend. The classes are casual and relaxing with everyone working at there own pace and skill level and the best thing is anytime you get stuck Filomena is there to help start you off again. 


Finally back on track and hooked on crochet again ...

I started this blanket back in February this year and was making such good progress. The pattern was not to complicated and the blanket was growing quite fast until I ran out of a colour. Don't you hate it when that happens as I know if I put something done it's bound to get forgotten. Well, it has taken me a few months to purchase some more yarn and thanks to Filomena for reminding me that classes were still on. I'm crocheting again and so looking forward to finishing my first major project.


I'm so loving the bright colours and so are my kids and I'm constantly getting asked "Is that for me!" 


Now with two more colours to crochet, the ends to sew in and I'm even thinking of adding on a boarder finishing this blanket is not so far off. So stay tuned because in the near future I'll be showing off my first colourful crochet creation  :)

4 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you again on Thursday... and that you have your crochet mojo back. This is going to be just gorgeous finished. I bet they are all fighting over it...... Well you better finish this one and start on that next one too ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Filomena, only three more rows to go .... I'm really looking forward to starting something fresh .... I have so much yarn to work with I'll be busy for a long time :)

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful!
    Well... I have decided on a new baby mobile design. Pears! I want to sew pears... I need your help with that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gayle, I'm really happy how it is turning out myself. PEARS - how cute I'm pretty sure this can be arranged. I have some really lovely materials to choose from as well. How exciting ..... time to get busy again :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me your lovely comment! I enjoy reading them all...