Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Baby has been busy ...

Look what my Little Miss has been up to. You have no idea how excited I am that my baby has the same passion for sewing that I have. 

Last weekend my hubby took the boys away camping and I was lucky enough to have some one on one time with my 7 year old daughter. 

I have been stocking up on doll kits for a while now and waiting for the right time to show them to her. She was beside herself and couldn't wait to get started.


After opening the box she carefully read the instructions, it makes all the difference that she can read them and work out where to start from herself. With the needle threaded and a little guidance she was off and sewing .....

I absolutely loved watching her take each stitch with such concentration and patience. Sewing all the pieces on and constantly checking the instructions making sure she had the right coloured thread to work with. 

When it came to the bow and the buttons I gave her a little help as they were a bit fiddly for her. Stuffing the doll was a little challenging as well so we worked together on that. Overall she took to it like a duck to water and was finished in no time.


The doll is so cute and just have a look at Miss Happy, she is already telling me that her doll needs a little quilt now.

I am one proud mama :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh bless!
    She'll have to sew her cousin one :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will be over the moon to make another one and it so happens that she has two to choose from. Prepare to be surprised :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me your lovely comment! I enjoy reading them all...